Despite the formidable reserves and resource base Kyrgyzstan experiences difficulties in exploiting it’s mineral resource potential due do low management standards, rudimentary practices and inherited operational inefficiency. For a prudent investor this could indicate a convenient entry point, as the assets are valued at a critically low level.
Points Of Interest:
1. IPO of the state owned JSC “Kyrgyzaltyn”
2. Development of Jerooy gold deposit
3. Development of Tekersay Mine
4. Modernization of the Refinery
5. Development of Alluvial Gold deposits
State owned JSC Kyrgyzaltyn is the largest company of the Kyrgyz Republic specializing in development of gold deposits.
Created in October 15, 1992, to unite mining enterprises of the country
Produces more than 97% of gold in Kyrgyzstan.
Produces nearly 10% of gross domestic product
Provides 40% of all industrial output and 60% of The Kyrgyz Republic
Ranks third among CIS countries in production of gold.
The main affiliates of JSC Kyrgyzaltyn are:
1. Makmal Gold Combine affiliate
2. Tereksay Mine
3. Solton-Sary Mine
4. The "Refinery
5. Kyrgyzaltyn is planning to obtain Jerooy License with total reserves of